Prayer for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
Loving Father, as we gather in your service, help us to fully understand the magnificence of your Son’s sacrifice for us and the wonder of your presence in the Holy Eucharist. Guide and instill in us perseverance and a willingness to do your will. Open our hearts to others as we invite them to your table to share your precious gifts. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, who lives with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit one God for ever and ever. Amen.
*Those invited to serve in this ministry are designated only for service in this parish. EMHCs should not take it upon themselves to bring Communion to a parent, family member, friend or neighbor, unless permission is given from the pastor or his designee, of the parish in which the person resides.
** Invitation to serve as an EMHC is a reflection of the diversity of the parish. An invitation to join the ministry does not mean that one is “better or holier than another”, nor is an invitation indicative of a reward of some sort.
- Be a fully initiated Catholic (have received the Sacrament of Confirmation)
- Be in good standing with the Church
- Be a registered member of St John Bosco
- Be of good moral standing and cultivate devotion to the Holy Eucharist and distinguish themselves by Christian Life, Faith and Morals; striving to be worthy of this great office
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be duly instructed
- Participate regularly in the sacramental life of the church and act as an example to the other faithful by piety and reverence for this Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar